- Types of Personal Data Collected
- Collection of Personal Data
- Usage of Personal Data
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Access or Correction to Your Personal Data
- Location Data Usage
- Request to Withdraw Consent
- Administration and Management of Personal Data
- Individual Rights for Users in the European Economic Area
- Third Party Cookies
- Google Analytics
- Contacting Us
- Updates on Data Protection Policy
- Governing Law
- Language Provision
At teleportal.asia, we take your privacy and our responsibility in relation to protecting your Personal Data and compliance with the Applicable Laws seriously. We are committed to comply with all data protection laws applicable to us.
In the course of providing you with our services and access to the Platforms, we may collect and process your Personal Data. We will only manage, process, and disclose your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy and the Applicable Laws. This Policy will inform you how we collect, use, process, and disclose your Personal Data. We trust that it will assist you in making an informed decision whether to provide us with any of your Personal Data.
It is important that you read this Policy together with any other applicable notices we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing your Personal Data, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are collecting, using, processing your Personal Data.
“Applicable Laws" means the respective countries they are in and its subsidiary legislations and regulations as amended from time to time;
"Apps" means our teleportal.asia mobile app on iOS and Android;
"Personal Data" means any data, whether true or not, which is (a) about an individual who can be identified (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access and would include data in our records as may be updated from time to time, or (b) defined as "personal data" or "personal information" under the Applicable Laws or any applicable data protection laws.
"Platforms" means collectively teleportal.asia Apps, Social Media and Website, and any other websites or applications which we may own or operate from time to time;
"Social Media" means teleportal.asia pages and accounts on third party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+;
"Website" means the teleportal.asia website accessed at the following address at teleportal.asia; and
"teleportal.asia, we, us, or our" means Teleport Everywhere Pte. Ltd. as the owner of teleportal.asia and its subsidiaries, affiliates and associated companies.
By (1) clicking "Yes" on our Policy pop-up or any web form referring to this Policy on any of our online platforms, (2) submitting your Personal Data to us when signing up for an account on the Website, (3) browsing our Website, or (4) using any of our services, you acknowledge that you have been notified of and understood the terms of this Policy and that you have agreed to the collection, usage, processing, and disclosure of your Personal Data as described and under the terms herein.
We may update this Policy from time to time to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Any changes we make to this Policy in the future will be posted on our Website or our Platforms and, where appropriate, notified to you by email, whereupon your continued use of our services, access to the Platforms or use of the services, shall constitute your acknowledgment and acceptance of the changes we make to this Policy. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
Types of Personal Data Collected
Examples of the types of Personal Data we may collect include:
- identity data, such as your name, gender, age, birthday, facial image, voice recording (for customer service calls);
- contact details, such as phone number, email address, billing address, home address (or any other delivery address);
- payment details (bank accounts and/or credit card details);
- transaction data, such as details about payments to and/or from you, and other details of products that you have purchased from third party sellers and any of our services that you have utilised;
- technical data, such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, network details, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Platforms;
- profile data, such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, your shopping or browsing behaviours, feedback and survey responses;
- usage data, such as information on how you use our Platforms, products promoted in our Platforms, and our services;
- marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing notification from us and our third parties and your communication preferences;
- government ID data where we may ask for a government-issued ID in limited circumstances including setting up your account or prevention of fraud or as required by law for identity verification;
- Location Data, on your precise location (information that describes the location of you or your device with the same or greater resolution as a latitude and longitude with three or more decimal places) or coarse location (information that describes the location of you or your device with lower resolution than a latitude and longitude with three or more decimal places) in order to allow us to determine your location as required for assigning any delivery jobs to you; and
- any other personally identifiable information which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in the course of any other forms of interaction between you and us.
Collection of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data from you when:
- You register an account on any of our Platforms;
- You use any of our services, including our related services such as subscribing to our newsletter, curated products, product notifications;
- You browse the products listed in any of our Platforms, our services or otherwise interact with our Platforms;
- You placed an order at any teleportal.asia for a product promoted through or link to our Platforms;
- You submitted payments details, including bank account and credit card details;
- You accept our cookies on your device;
- You interact with our customer experience team or other representatives, for example, via our webform, emails, telephone calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings;
- You interact with us on our Social Media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, private messaging us on our Social Media;
- You participate in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- We receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where they referred you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration or to redeem a voucher you purchased through them;
- Your representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorized by you, for example if such representative is purchasing any product listed in our Platform or utilising our service to be delivered to you as a gift or for any other reason;
- Our third-party analytics and other service providers provide your Personal Data to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
- When you voluntarily submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
Please also take note of our Cookies Policy below in respect of the data collected and used by third-party cookies and trackers on our Website and Apps.
We may also collect your Personal Data in circumstances where such collection does not require consent under Applicable Laws.
Please ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the services you have requested and/or access to our Platform.
If you provide us with Personal Data relating to a third party by submitting such Personal Data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
Usage of Personal Data
We may use and disclose your Personal Data for purposes necessary to provide you with our services and/or access to our Platform, including but not limited to:
- register and maintain your user account and to verify your identity or age;
- perform the services;
- share your Personal Data with teleportal.asia Sellers or any other party which might be part of or in any way related to the services and/or our Platforms;
- communicate with you in relation to (i) your queries, requests and feedback, (ii) material changes to our Website or Apps’ Terms of Service, Policy or other terms and conditions, and (iii) matters relating to the operation of your account;
- personalise and improve your customer experience when you visit the Website and the Apps;
- monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms of Service, including dispute resolution;
- comply with (i) internal risk controls, (ii) the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or (iii) any applicable law; and
- ensure our Website and Apps function properly and to improve their performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging, statistical analyses for optimizing our Website and Apps.
(collectively, the "Purposes")
In addition, we may use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, to:
- send you marketing communications in relation to any product promoted in our Platforms, services that we provide, other promotions or the Platforms itself;
- send you marketing communications in relation to the sales, products, services or promotions of our business partners, including promotional mail together with your order;
- deliver ads which are related to our products and services which may be of interest to you on the Platforms or other websites, apps or online platforms;
- enable businesses to deliver ads which are related to their products and services which may be of interest to you;
- provide you with our add-on or premium services;
- invite you to our private customer events;
- process your participation in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
- process your participation in our business partners' loyalty or point redemption programs;
- conduct market and customer research, analysis or tracking;
- promote the products and services on our Platforms;
- manage the administrative and business operations of teleportal.asia and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- improve your customer experience across all touchpoints and training our customer experience team, such as by recording and monitoring phone calls; and
- any specific purpose in relation to a particular product or service, which we may separately notify you on the product or service page;
(collectively, the “Additional Purposes”)
We may also use your Personal Data (a) for other purposes which are reasonably related to the Purposes and where we have obtained and maintain related consent, the Additional Purposes; or (b) in circumstances where such use does not require consent under Applicable Laws.
Note: If you withdraw your consent for us to use and process your Personal Data for the Purposes or the Additional Purposes, we may no longer be able to provide you with the related products, services or benefits associated with our promotion, or to grant access to our Platforms.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
In relation to our use of your Personal Data, we may disclose your Personal Data to our:
- employees, consultants, temporary workers;
- teleportal.asia Sellers;
- payment processors, who process your payment on our Platforms;
- logistics providers, such as courier services which will deliver your order to you;
- business partners who separately maintain an account with you for loyalty or point redemption programs;
- business partners or vendors in connection with the processing of any promotion, event or service organised by us;
- professional advisers and consultants;
- agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us, such as online cloud storage and processing, marketing optimization, information technology, telecommunications, security or other relevant services which requires their collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data;
- Any government or law enforcement agencies or department in compliance with national security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance; and
- any other party whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
We may also disclose your Personal Data (a) for other purposes which are reasonably related to the Purposes and where we have obtained and maintain related consent, the Additional Purposes; or (b) in circumstances where such disclosure does not require consent under the Applicable Laws.
We do our best to minimize the disclosure of your Personal Data to the information necessary to perform the related Purpose or Additional Purpose.
Access or Correction to Your Personal Data
You may access or correct your name, e-mail address, birthday, shipping and billing addresses and contact numbers by logging in to your user account on the Website or Apps under "Account Information" and clicking the "Edit" button under each relevant field.
For Personal Data that cannot be corrected by you by logging in to your user account on the Website or Apps, you may request to access and correct such Personal Data by submitting a written request to us via our customer service feedback form (available on email@example.com) or by emailing our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to request additional information from you to confirm your identity before providing the access or making the correction.
We will do our best to respond to Personal Data access and correction requests within 21 days from the date of receipt of the requests. Where we are unable to meet this timeline, we will update you with the soonest possible time within which we can provide the information or make the correction. Please note that certain types of Personal Data access and correction requests may be exempted under Applicable Laws.
Note that we may charge you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing your Personal Data access request.
We will send your corrected Personal Data to every other person or entity to which such Personal Data was disclosed by teleportal.asia within the year OR twelve (12) months before the date of the correction, unless such person or entity does not need the corrected Personal Data for any legal or business purpose or unless we reasonably believe that the other person or entity has ceased using such Personal Data for the purpose for which such disclosure was made.
Location Data Usage
The Apps collects Location Data to enable your location tracking when the Apps is in use to enable:
- us to determine your exact location in connecting you to a delivery job made available by our customer;
- us to track the delivery progress for tracking of delivery journey and for customer notification on status of delivery done by you. This feature is always in use and will run in the background; and
- to monitor the location of available delivery drivers/ riders in specific locations to determine whether we could open any delivery jobs or be able to assign jobs at a specific location and this feature is always in use. This feature is always in use and will run in the background.
Request to Withdraw Consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales, marketing or promotional information, please inform us as follows:
- to withdraw consent from receiving SMS promotions: please unsubscribe by following the steps provided in the promotional SMS;
- to withdraw consent from promotional emails: please click on the Unsubscribe link in the promotional emails;
- to withdraw consent from receiving promotional material with your order package: please email our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided below.
Once we receive notification that you wish to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials or communications, it may take up to thirty (30) days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials or communications during this period.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing or promotional materials through a specific communication mode (e.g. SMS), we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the products and services via other communication modes you have subscribed to (e.g. email).
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of any of your Personal Data in our possession or under our control by submitting a written request via email to our Data Protection Officer via email@example.com .
Note that, depending on the nature of the consent withdrawal, we may not be able to continue to provide you with some or all of our products or services or access to our Platforms. We will process such a request within a reasonable time from receiving notice from you of your withdrawal of consent. Once the processing is complete, we will no longer collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data, except to the extent we retain your Personal Data for compliance, regulatory or other legal purposes.
Administration and Management of Personal Data
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure Personal Data likely to be used by us or disclosed by us to another organization is accurate and complete. However, you should update us of any changes in your Personal Data. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data if you have not updated us of changes.
We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured. This includes putting in place reasonable measures to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage or alteration of your Personal Data. However, we will not be responsible for any unauthorized use of Personal Data by third parties which is attributable to factors beyond our control.
When Personal Data in our possession is (i) no longer required for any reason connected to the purpose it was originally collected or (ii) retention by us is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes, we will exercise measures to ensure such Personal Data is destroyed, permanently deleted or anonymised.
If Personal Data is transferred out of the respective countries, we will comply with Applicable Laws in doing so. This includes: (i) obtaining your consent, unless an exception exists under Applicable Laws or any other laws, and (ii) taking reasonable steps to ascertain whether the foreign recipient of the Personal Data is bound to comply with standards of protection that are at least comparable to the Applicable Laws.
Individual Rights for Users in the European Economic Area
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may seek confirmation regarding whether the teleportal.asia is processing your Personal Data, request access to your Personal Data and ask that we correct, amend, delete, or restrict processing of your Personal Data. In addition, you may object to teleportal.asia processing of your Personal Data at any time. However, please note that doing so may impact your ability to access and use teleportal.asia’s platforms and services.
While teleportal.asia makes reasonable efforts to provide our users with access to their Personal Data, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to provide such access, including but not limited to: where the information in question is legally privileged, would compromise the privacy or other legitimate rights of other persons, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, where the request is clearly excessive or unfounded, or where the information requested comprises confidential commercial information.
Third Party Cookies
teleportal.asia uses the services of third party vendors, who may implement cookies on the Website. Advertisements on the Website may be provided by third party agencies. These advertisements may also generate cookies, for example, to track how many people have viewed the advertisement. The collection, use, and disclosure of information, including Personal Data, collected by such third party cookies are subject to the privacy and data protections policies of the third party vendors and are not under our control.
You may reject third party cookies through the settings on your browser. Note that this may result in the loss of Website functionality, restrict your use of the Website, or delay or affect the way in which the Website operates.
teleportal.asia uses certain Google Analytics functions. teleportal.asia may use Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising, including but not restricted to the following: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Using the Google Ads Settings, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
teleportal.asia also uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online; third-party vendors, including Google, may show teleportal.asia ads on sites across the Internet. teleportal.asia and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on visitors' past visits to teleportal.asia, as well as report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to teleportal.asia.
When you log on to the teleportal.asia website, teleportal.asia with the help of Google Analytics may use your browsing behaviour to connect it with any other data that has previously been provided by you, in accordance with this Policy.
For any questions relating to your Personal Data or about this Policy, if you have a complaint regarding the collection, use or handling of your Personal Data by us, or a question about how we are complying with Applicable Laws, you may contact the following method:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails should clearly state that you are making a data protection query, request or complain in the subject line to ensure the matter is dealt with expediently. We will strive to deal with any query, request or complaint promptly and fairly.
Updates on Data Protection Policy
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your Personal Data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time. In this regard, the Teleport Delivery System may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Policy at our absolute discretion.
Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time on our Website. Any amended Policy will be posted on our website. By continuing to use our Platforms and/or services after the Policy has been amended, you hereby agree to be bound by the terms of such amended Policy.
You are encouraged to visit the above Website from time to time to ensure that you are well-informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.
This Policy and your use of our Platforms shall be governed by the laws of the respective countries they are in and its subsidiary legislations and regulations.
In accordance with the requirements of Applicable Laws, this Policy is issued in English.